When my school's PTO decided to host our first 5K, I knew I had to participate
I hope that I become addicted, too. The dude looked like he was in his fifties
Running is something I love and I really need to get in training mode. Since I broke my knee when I was ten (seriously, I ripped that knee cap to the back side of my knee - gross), I have to be careful. Sometimes my knee creaks and moans and complains which is my sign to slow it down. Other times, I favor the other leg causing her to flare up a nasty attitude. Regardless, there is something about my feet pounding the pavement, the sun in my face, the sweat running down my back that calms me. Running is the activity I crave when I've tried to do yoga
After my big run, I looked in the mirror and I swear my ass looked a little smaller
Have you heard of Jan? She is one funny, talented, neat lady who COOKS and SHARES HER RECIPES! She bestowed an award on me and I'm trying to do my duty to pass it on. There are many, many blogs out there worthy of this award.
A Sushi Grade Blog is a cut above other blogs that are canned and turned into salad or casseroles. A Sushi Grade Blog is fresh, lively and of superior quality. It is rare, has character and is of good taste.
Oh, and it’s packed full of heart healthy Omega 3 oils
And since it seems there must be rules for awards, here they are:
1. Grab this nifty little graphic and display it proudly on your site
2. Choose 5 blogs of superior quality and list them, along with why the are A Sushi Grade Blog
3. Link to them, announcing their award
4. Leave them a comment letting them know they've been given an award
5. Link back to the blog that awarded you
So (drum roll, please), here are my choices
* Michel from Facts are Strictly Optional - Michel makes me laugh every day! And she volunteered to hide me in Sudan, if I ever needed
* Jane from Gaston Studios - Jane is funny, cool, and my new adoptive mother! Seriously, doesn't everyone want a mother who gets suspicious packages of *oregano*? Besides, she makes fantastic jewelry, too!
* Kulio from Ottava Battuta - Kulio is a *real* writer. She can say so much with so few words
* Erin from Only a Movie - Erin is a teacher of students with special needs. Only her students have more special needs than most students who have special needs. And she is a single mother who honestly describes her feelings about the events in her world. If I could convince her, I'd totally talk her into moving to Podunk, Georgia so she could teach at my school.
* Em at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit... - Em is one of those ultra sarcastic people that I LOVE! She has a knack for seeing the zany in the mundane. Plus, she likes boxed wine.
So there! I even followed the rules for once. Have a great Sunday, y'all!