Saturday, May 9, 2009

Growing up is optional

You came into this world two days before my first official Mother's Day.

And you weighed a whopping 8 pounds 15 ounces. No wonder I couldn't fit into some of my maternity clothes and I hope never to wear a jumper again.



I started feeding you cereal when you were about 6 weeks old. It made you happy. And it made me happy because you began to sleep a little better.





Early on, you became fascinated by how things work which probably explains why we all call you for technical advice.

I've always loved your smile because it lights up your whole face and I still remember the first of your gassy smiles.



Throughout every stage of your life, you've remained kind and considerate. You've always taken it upon yourself to look after me.

I didn't ask you to become the man of the house. You just did it on your own.

You are a caregiver by nature.



















Happy Birthday, Mr. Funny! I've enjoyed every one of your 19 years.

22 comments:

Kristina P. said...

He's such a cute kid! You've obviously done an amazing job.

Ann Imig said...

He is gorgeous and thanks for the lump in my throat. Happy Mother's day!

cheatymoon said...

What a sweet face.
Congratulations on a job well-done, Ms. Beth, and happy Mother's Day!

Jan said...

Mr. Funny has grown up to be quite a good-looking young man! Happy Birthday!

And Happy Mother's Day, Beth!

Anonymous said...

what a cute kid and a handsome young man!

Happy Birthday to him!

Happy Mother's Day

Rosaria Williams said...

What a lovely, sweet post. Happy birthday to your handsome son. Happy Mother's day to you.

Deb said...

all these may babies in blogland. interesting...

okay, so he was an adorable kid, but lord, is he a cutie now!

pat yourself on the back... you have raised a productive member of society!

Mike said...

Such a great post and celebration of your son!

Also, I have given you an award! You don't have to post it if you don't want too, there are alot of F bombs involved lol!

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Oh, so sweet! How time flies!!!

HeatherPride said...

Happy Birthday! And what a handsome kiddo you have there!

Unknown said...

What a great happy birthday wish! He is quite handsome! Happy Mothers Day

Kulio said...

ohhh, as my children go through their awkward stages I will cherish that last pic! Nice. Have a wonderful, wonderful Mother's Day. Job well done.

Candice said...

He's a good looking boy.. er, man!

Good job Mom.

Happy Mother's Day!

Pseudo said...

What a great Mother's Day gift. And what a handsome young man.

Happy Mother's Day Beth! Iwas thinking about you this morning as I watched Paula Dean make chocolate gravey...

Hit 40 said...

What a cutie!!! Beautiful post.

I also pop big babies 9 lbs 15 oz induced on due date. And.. the second one was still close to 10 lbs popped out/induced 3 weeks early.

Unknown said...

How handsome is Mr. Funny! You've obvously done a great job at parenting Beth, for him to assume so much responsibility at a young age.

Happy Mother's Day Beth!
Jane

followthatdog said...

What a handsome boy...um, man. Wow, 19. Happy birthday to you both.

Brenda Susan said...

What a great post! Handsome guy too! Go ahead & be proud Mama!

Ally said...

What a sweet post! My oldest was born on may 8th, he's 4, cant imagine him at 19!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Funny and Happy Mother's Day to you! =)

King of New York Hacks said...

Nice montage of a happy life...well done !! and Happy Mothers day !!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Great job, Mom! Happy Birthday Mr. Funny!

Happy Mother's Day, my dear!

beth said...

so handsome! happy birthday to him! my second boy's birthday is also may 9th. he was born n mother's day, though!