Friday, April 2, 2010

Reason 134 Why I Love My Secretaries

phone
Not only do these ladies protect me from intimidating parents make me look good, they have an awesome sense of humor.
Phone Message to Overwhelmed 5th Grade Teacher: “Please call Mr. Lyon.  Your name has been drawn for a prize. 555-555-5555.”
Overwhelmed 5th Grade Teacher: “Is this Jim who called me?  I know Jim Lyon but I don’t recognize this number.”
Secretary #1: “It might be.  Give him a call.  We want to hear what you won!”
Overwhelmed 5th Grade Teacher picks up the phone and dials.
Person on the other end of the phone: “Atlanta Zoo.”
Overwhelmed 5th Grade Teacher with a confused look on her face: “May I speak with Mr. Lyon?”
Person on the other end of the phone (who is probably not amused): [Insert Uncomfortable Pause] “Ma’am.  It is April Fool’s Day.  I think somebody is playing a joke on you.”
The entire office erupted into laughter.
And it appeared that the 5th grade teacher was slightly less overwhelmed when she walked back to her classroom.

22 comments:

Brian Miller said...

haha. yesterday was a lot of fun...

Brian Miller said...

have a wonderful weekend!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Happy Easter, Beth! Have a glorious weekend...and spring break if you get one!!

Susan Berlien said...

That's a good one! :) I like those kind of April fools pranks... harmless and still funny!

cheatymoon said...

Cute.
Our prank was writing March 32 on the board. A couple of kids got it - pretty fun.

Amy said...

what a great post. Thanks for stopping by and saying such sweet things.. Happy Easter to you and your family.

This post made me smile..

CiCi said...

I know you would be a great person to work for. You understand the importance of laughter and lightness. I am glad the 5th grade teacher had a chance to lighten the tension and go back to her work with a lighter step.

My Mercurial Nature said...

that is just too funny! (and I'm sure the guy on the other end of the phone got quite a chuckle out of it, too)

Kristina P. said...

That is great! My boss got me yesterday too.

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my gosh that is great!!! lol, I love it.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Aw, I gotta remember that one!!

Chris said...

Absolutely hilarious. School secretaries are the best.

Pseudo said...

Your office must be a hoot. Of course it is, with you heading it ; -)

Anonymous said...

hehehehe, that's one I've gotta save for next year :0)

gayle said...

That was so funny!!

Artsnark said...

classic

Joanna Jenkins said...

That is priceless :-)

Happy weekend,
jj

A Free Man said...

I wonder how many calls the Atlanta Zoo got on Thursday ;)

Candice said...

That's awesome!

Matty said...

Sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that is the funniest flipping thing ever!! LOVE IT!

Chief said...

Oh POO! I wish I woulda thought of that one!

I had a teacher call me and tell me that she was stuck in the bathroom with diarrhea and needed someone to take her class! I wanted to kill her when I realized it was APril Fools