Wednesday, February 4, 2009

6 Things - I think I can handle this

I recently discovered Sunny's blog and let me tell you - she is a great writer! You'll love her so check her out soon. Today I was tagged by Sunny and the rules go something like this:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

1. I have an obsession with books and I read every night before I go to bed. My idea of a perfect day is to spend the entire day reading to my heart's content.

2. I never wanted to be a principal. When I was teaching, my principal talked me into applying for a program that would pay for an administrative degree. When I was accepted, I really thought I would just have the degree and that I wouldn't try for a principal's position for some time down the road. Before I even finished my degree, I had an assistant principal position in an elementary school. 5 1/2 years later, I became the principal - and I love it (most of the time). So much for planning.

3. For a Southern girl, I'm not too impressed with Southern food. You can have all my cornbread, grits, and greens. I'd really rather have sushi or stir-fry.

4. I love shoes! And I don't mind spending too much money for a pair of shoes (like these) that are both comfortable and stylish. While style is most important, comfort is also a priority as I walk between 4 to 6 miles a day at school (yes, I've worn a pedometer).

5. I am 14 years younger than my husband. We met while with our children at a birthday party. Most of the time the age difference seems to not exist. It is most apparent when we pick out music for the cd player.

6. I am completely freaked out by roaches. Living in the deep south means trying to make ammends with these awful creatures. I don't do well in that regard and all roaches within my house must be found and punished - no matter how long it takes.

Ok. I'll tag Kulio, Amy, Only A Movie, Pseudononymous High School Teacher, Sarah, and Candice. I'd love to know more about you guys.

9 comments:

amy said...

Fun!

1-Books are a GOOD obsession. So are Clive Owen and Gerard Butler.

2-God love ya. I couldn't do it. I couldn't deal with the petty immaturity (teachers) or the disorganization (parents) or the temper tantrums (the powers that run the school districts). The kids are fine. In fact, if the kids ran schools, we wouldn't need NCLB. Is what I say.

I'm going to write Obama and tell him that.

3-I like cornbread. But greens = ew. And I put sugar on my grits. It horrifies the Southerners and amuses me. And I order my tea unsweet, another blasphemy.

I'm a sushi lover too! And also a quesadilla freak.

4-I love cheap Target jewelry. I just can't get enough!

5-I'm 12 years younger than mine. It becomes apparent whenever I'm using technology (he's totally early 1990's when it comes to technology).

6-Our kids bring these to school in their backpacks. Actually, they bring their eggs. Then the eggs hatch.

I once worked with a (very bitter and angry) art teacher who said the end of the world would be started by sick children. All the adults would die, and the only ones left would be children and cockroaches.

I didn't hang out with him after that. He had issues.

I've been having blog writer's block, so this tag is perfect for my weekend blogging. Hooray!

♥ Braja said...

We have so much in common: I never wanted to be a principal either. Wait: I'm not....

Aracely said...

Sushi or Stir Fry!?! So Californian, we need to trade homes... or at least cuisines.

cheatymoon said...

Thanks for the tag... I love shoes too. Like the ones in that link, but I'm not sure I could run down the hall in those... :-)

Sunny said...

It's so interesting to read about you!

I'm obsessed with books and sushi, too.

Deb said...

CUTE shoes!

interesting that where we end up is usually not where we were headed in the first place.

LTYM said...

Hi, Beth! Thanks so much for the very funny comment on my blog.
Love the picture of you. :)
And I read every night before bed, too. Even if it's midnight.
Best,

Wendi Aarons

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

That was great I love shoes too and older men! : ) Thanks for the tag!!

bernthis said...

you've just given me hope that I might actually meet a guy when I am with my daughter. Thank you.