I recently discovered Sunny's blog and let me tell you - she is a great writer! You'll love her so check her out soon. Today I was tagged by Sunny and the rules go something like this:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I have an obsession with books and I read every night before I go to bed. My idea of a perfect day is to spend the entire day reading to my heart's content.
2. I never wanted to be a principal. When I was teaching, my principal talked me into applying for a program that would pay for an administrative degree. When I was accepted, I really thought I would just have the degree and that I wouldn't try for a principal's position for some time down the road. Before I even finished my degree, I had an assistant principal position in an elementary school. 5 1/2 years later, I became the principal - and I love it (most of the time). So much for planning.
3. For a Southern girl, I'm not too impressed with Southern food. You can have all my cornbread, grits, and greens. I'd really rather have sushi or stir-fry.
4. I love shoes! And I don't mind spending too much money for a pair of shoes (like these) that are both comfortable and stylish. While style is most important, comfort is also a priority as I walk between 4 to 6 miles a day at school (yes, I've worn a pedometer).
5. I am 14 years younger than my husband. We met while with our children at a birthday party. Most of the time the age difference seems to not exist. It is most apparent when we pick out music for the cd player.
6. I am completely freaked out by roaches. Living in the deep south means trying to make ammends with these awful creatures. I don't do well in that regard and all roaches within my house must be found and punished - no matter how long it takes.
Ok. I'll tag Kulio, Amy, Only A Movie, Pseudononymous High School Teacher, Sarah, and Candice. I'd love to know more about you guys.