Friday, September 25, 2009

The name may be all wrong but still I like the visual

After running at recess, Mr. Argumentative flung himself into the line with the other boys and girls waiting to reenter the building.

Mr. Argumentative (snothaving worked up a sweat):  “Whew!  I ran so fast I was like a snot wad!”

Kindergarten Teacher (trying to comprehend): “Say that again.”

Mr. Argumentative (trying to enunciate better): “I just ran so fast I was like a snot wad!”

Kindergarten Teacher (leaning in closer to the student trying to understand): “How does running fast make you a snot wad?”

Mr. Argumentative (looking at the teacher as if she were the slow kid trying to explain):  “You know.  Like those fast cars guys drive.  Snot wads!”

Kindergarten Teacher (biting the insides of her cheeks to keep from laughing): “Oh.  You mean hot rods.”

Mr. Argumentative (with one eyebrow up and a look of disdain): “You can call them that but my daddy says they are snot wads.”

He just may have a point, eh?

24 comments:

*krystyn* said...

snot wad - interesting name for them, but I get it. LOL

Unknown said...

Love it! I am going to incorporate that into every day conversation. Kids are the best

CiCi said...

Never heard it quite like that before. Sorta makes my stomach queasy though.

Jan said...

I read this to Beloved and he just cracked up - "snot wads" is going to become part of his conversation from this point on, I can guarantee it.

cheatymoon said...

I have a few snot rods in my classroom.

Have an excellent weekend, Ms. Beth.

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Man, I hope that kid moves.

Kulio said...

ewww......haha....

Well, I like his style.

Alyson | New England Living said...

Eww, what a lovely visual! ;)

Mike said...

Snot wad sounds like a description of my brain! HAHA!!!!

beth said...

hilarious! love it!

Everyday Goddess said...

He's been sitting too close to the ol' man again.

Chief said...

Is this a warning for more mommy time and less daddy time?

H.K. said...

I'll never be able to look at hot rods without thinking snot wads...I like it!

♥ Braja said...

From boys to men....
:))

Candice said...

Love your snot graphic. ;)

Aunt Becky said...

That's AWESOME.

Brian Miller said...

lol. they are always listening, and will repeat what you say...

Chris said...

Yeah, we had a similar misunderstanding in the kindergarten lunch area when a kid said "I need a fork."

Enunciation doesn't happen till much later.

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Snot wads it is!!!!

Michel said...

OMG! That is hilarious!

JennyMac said...

out of the mouths of some babes

K Dubs said...

better than a snot rocket any day!! :)

Unknown said...

OMG Beth, your school is just filled with book material!

Sande said...

All a matter of perspective hey?